Friday, March 15, 2013
Friday, March 8, 2013
March 8, 2013
Those of you who attended the Board of Zoning Adjustments Hearing in April 2012 , are well aware that CHRP was not given a fair chance to present its case opposing the massive expansion of Ratna Ling's printing operations. The BZA made the wrong decision. At that time, nearly one year ago, CHRP filed an appeal with the Board of Supervisors. Although it has not yet been scheduled, it should be heard sometime in the next few months.
CHRP is asking the Board of Supervisors to regulate Ratna Ling, enforce the General Plan and protect rural Sonoma County. CHRP has a strong case for having the industrial printing operations scaled back to their 2004 Use Permit conditions, based on the following issues:
1. Numerous unresolved violations of their 2004 use permit
2. Breach of County general plan & land use policies
3. Ancillary use vs. industrial printing plant
4. Expansion of printing facility from 20,000 sq ft to 60,000 sq ft
5. CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) violations
6. Inadequate mitigated negative declaration in lieu of the required EIR
An attorney who is experienced in CEQA and Land Use issues has been hired to assist with the case. She’s been paid $2,500 as a retainer, which emptied the CHRP account. $10,000 is needed to wage this appeal - that is 100 people donating $100. Any amount is welcome!
Here's how you can help:
- Send a check for any amount to: Betsy Anderson/CHRP, P.O. Box 618, Gualala, CA 95445 (donating this way is not tax-deductible)
- Make online, tax deductible donations through our sponsor, the OWL Foundation - Open Space, Water Protection and Land Use http://owlfoundation.net/DONATION.htm (Tax Deductible) Scroll down to Coastal Hills Rural Preservation/CHRP
- Go to our website http://www.regulateratnaling.org for a more detailed summary of our position and actions.
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sonoma.chirp
- Share this information with friends and interested people
Thank you very much.